I have wondered many times over and in many cases if people actually do take the time to read the “Love Chapter” ( 1Cor 13), and if so, then very few of them are actually applying at least some part of the text to their everyday life experiences and how they relate to others. Because if they did … to snatch a few words out of a Harold Melvin and Blue Notes song (Wake Up Everybody)…🎧the world would so much better, if we just let it be🎧.
I happened to wake up this morning with the Lord ministering to me about two recent occasions where I have been involved in situations where I and the pastor/leader of the ministry have disagreed on key issues relating to doctrines based on the Word of God.
Now, where I am always quick to apply Matt10:10- and shake the dust off my feet and keep it moving… I now find Him encouraging me to hang in there with folks. He has been gently nudging me lately, by saying and/or placing a light burden /desire on my heart to see people delivered from their respective bondages; in these cases in particular it’s the “spirit of religion” based solely on the law ( and works) and the spirit of error- not correctly dividing the Word of God and thus teaching out of context.
This morning as I was waking up He also reminded me that He leads and sends me wherever He needs me. And this is always where He gets me…1 Corinthians 13:7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
I mean this is ALL inclusive – NO EXCUSES WHATSOEVER for me ( nor anyone else for that matter, not to love, not to forgive). So then He tells me that He is sending me back into enemy territory and that He wants me to WALK IT OUT. Simply put, apply all of 1Cor 13 to our everyday lives, as we are relating to one another- in our homes, with various family members, on our jobs, gossiping co-workers, unfair policies and protocols implemented by supervisors that you don’t always agree with, our neighbors, in our communities, places of worship, and so on.
“Regardless of how they treat you- Walk it Out – hang on in there and LOVE ON THEM ANYHOW. Truth be told, He truly knows me, and He knows that if it had not been for Him gently nudging me and encouraging me the way that He has -especially as of late- I would have rolled over in bed and tried to go back to sleep! Trust me when I say that I have had my Jonah moments, however, I believe that I have already been in the belly of a whale many times over– I ain’t trying to go back! So in order to remain as obedient as I know how, that’s what I will continue to do, until He tells me otherwise.
I would like to encourage and challenge you to do the same, it’s not always easy to say the least. I am the first one to do a ” Donald” – be fine with things as long as as things are going my way, then have a tantrum the minute things start turning around. Two things to hopefully encourage and give you the grace to WALK IT OUT.
- Know that God sees you as blessed. Regardless of what other people may say and/or do to try to Really, Really hurt you because they are Really, Really hurting.. love them anyways and remind yourself the way that God has been reminding me more and more as of late…
- Matthew 5:11-12“Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you
- That Jesus -despite being betrayed by one of His own, who knew no sin, but yet bore our sins, paid a debt that we could NEVER EVER repay; yet He was crucified, dead, buried, sleeping in His grave, resurrected, ascended into the heavenlies of heavenlies, is seated at the right hand of our father, making daily intercession for us because He Loves Us...
- Hebrews 12:3-4 The Discipline of God – For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls. You have not yet resisted to bloodshed, striving against sin.
- 1 Corinthians 15:56-58 The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.
Love Never Fails! ( ICor13:8a)
Definitions of Agape:
- https://gotquestions.org › agape-love