“Look down over what you conquered and appreciate what God has bought you through .” Dr. Chadwick Boseman, 2018 Howard University ( May 27,2018)
The above quote is an excerpt from Dr. Chadwick Boseman’s very inspiring speech that he gave during the 2018 Howard University’s commencement.
As I was perusing through recent journal entries ( as part of reflection of recent lessons learned and as a source of encouragement for myself), I stumbled across this quote and the video of the speech (please see link below).
As I was reflecting on some recent national and global events – the situation at the border, the retirement of Justice Kennedy and impending nomination process, the recent ” Peace Summit” with the North Korean leader (Kim Jong -un ) , and the upcoming summit with Russian President ( Vladimir Putin) to name a few. that are affecting us as a nation. The constant barrage of newsreels can be mind blowing, mind spinning and overwhelming at times to say the least, I want to encourage others.
I realize that it’s easy to be tempted to go into despair ; however, I am hoping that you can reach deep and ask God for the grace to push onto victory. In other words , do not grow weary…
And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.
One month after initially viewing this speech and I’m still inspired! It contains a lot of more meat like the quote above.
It is my prayer that you will use the wisdom and inspiration etched throughout this speech; reflect on all the challenging times and the victories that has already bought us through individually and collectively as a platform to bounce off of and push forward…
Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. 🙏🏾😘🇱🇷
- Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
- Philippians 3:13-14
Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
- Dr. Chadwick Boseman’s 2018 Howard University’s Commencement Speech: https://youtu.be/RIHZypMyQ2s
- Marshall: https://g.co/kgs/5iddVt
- It’s not abortion: 5 key issues that Justice Kennedy’s retirement will affect: https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/27/anthony-kennedy-retirement-supreme-court-cases-680104
- 2018 Peace Summit North Korea and the United States: https://g.co/kgs/eF9MQM
- North Korea Upgrade nuclear faculty despite 2018 Peace Summit : https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/741015002
- Trump and Putin Summit: https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/06/28/trump-putin-meeting-set-forjuly-16-in-helsinki-finland.html
- Trump and Putin Summit: https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/06/28/politics/donald-trump-russia-putin-summit/index.html